The Q&A Archives: Butterfly Bush

Question: Should I dead head the butterfly bush blooms when faded? Do they repeat bloom during the summer season? Also could you tell me where in Houston, Texas I can buy your new Oakleaf Hydrangeas?

Thank you.

Laura Kelsey

Answer: Laura,

Yes butterfly bush repeats. It does benefit from trimming back, fertlizing lightly and watering it. This will bring more new shoots and blooms.

Unfortunately we at the Q&A service don't have information on which plants are sold at the many retailers who carry Monrovia plants. Due to the seasonal nature of Monrovia's plants and limited quantities on many varieties, each garden center will offer a different array of plants. Not all plants are available in all regions at all times. Your best bet is to contact a local retailer and see if they can get the plants you are interested in.

Check out the following web site. It has a box for you to enter your zip code and will then give you a list of local retailers that carry Monrovia plants: