The Q&A Archives: When does Silver lace Vine start showing new growth?

Question: Hi, i'm a little worried about my silver lace vine, were here in Zone 5 in chicago and i have a three or 4 year old vine, and it isn't showing any new growth yet, is it just not it's time yet? i just read in your question file that it is good to prune it to stimulate new growth. Thanks, Sharon

Answer: Silver Lace Vine likes warm soil and air temperatures so it may be a little slow in coming to life if spring weather has been cool. This plant is nicknamed "mile-a-minute", due to its vigorous growth habit. I wouldn't worry too much about it; it should wake up anytime now. (As for pruning, you can cut it down to ground level if you'd like - the plant will respond with typical mile-a-minute growth. Best wishes with your garden!