The Q&A Archives: Lavender

Question: Hello; I am looking for Lavender & cannot locate it. Today May 29th., is it too early? too late? to purchase lavender? Located in towns nearby are Home Depot, Lowes, and many large farm/landscape stores. Thank you for any assistance.

Answer: I'm not sure why it would be hard to find, although I suppose it is possible some may have sold out by the end of May. You should be able to find lavender plants -- and several varieties of it -- in the perennial section of most full line nurseries. I would suggest you contact some of the nurseries that carry Monrovia (and other) products and see if they have it in stock. There is a zip code based dealer locator at the Monrovia web site to help with contact information.

Otherwise, you might try mail order although it is very late in the season now for that. Bluestone Perennials, for example, usually offers several lavenders. I don't know if they would have any left, though.

Best of luck with your search!