The Q&A Archives: Tiny Towers Cypress

Question: Two years ago I bought three 5-6ft Tiny Towers. In the first year I replaced 2 that died. Those are doing well and are now 7-8ft tall. The one original left of the three is now dead. My problem is I cannot find a replacement of a reasonable height to replace it. I was told by my nurseryman that there was a problem with a number of trees when they were released 2-3 years ago and he only received a few this season. My question is can you source me a speciem 6-7ft (or so)? If not will you replace all three with a different variety?

Answer: Wish I could direct you to a potential source, but here at the Q & A Forum we solve gardening problems - we have no way of knowing which nurseries might have which plants in stock. I know there are a number of large nurseries in both Vancouver and Portland. Perhaps a few phone calls will help you locate the Tiny Tower. Hope so!