The Q&A Archives: Looking for Bordeaux Dwarf Yaupon Holly

Question: I am looking for your bordeaux dwarf yaupon holly shrubs in Dallas, TX. I have called several nurseries that carry your plants and no one seems to be able to help. Is this shrub available and can it be special ordered?

I planted several of these last year and they are a lovely low-growing shrub with beautiful color. I need six for a new landscaping project at your home.

Thank you for your assistance.

Gail Fox
Dallas, TX

Answer: Gail,

Unfortunately we at the Q&A service don't have information on which plants are sold at the many retailers who carry Monrovia plants. Due to the seasonal nature of Monrovia's plants and limited quantities on many varieties, each garden center will offer a different array of plants. Not all plants are available in all regions at all times.

Check out the following web site. It has a box for you to enter your zip code and will then give you a list of local retailers that carry Monrovia plants. Perhaps there is another retailer in your area that can acquire the plants you want.