The Q&A Archives: Bower Vine

Question: I'm not sure if my Pink Bower Vine is a perennial or annual. If it is a perennial, I think it might be dead. We just planted it last year and so far nothing has come up. Were we supposed to cut it down last Fall? Help if you can. We didn't even get to enjoy the flowers.

Answer: Pink Bower Vine is a perennial in the warmest parts of the country; California, Arizona, Texas, etc. and an annual in the rest of the country. If yours was planted outdoors, I'm sure it died over the winter months. You can try growing the vine indoors over the winter months and then take it outdoors in the spring and summer. These are such rapidly growing vines that they will grow and bloom within weeks of being taken outdoors in the spring. Good luck with your garden!