The Q&A Archives: Lawn Be Gone

Question: HELP!!
I recently mowed my lawn and then proceeded to spray what I thought was just a popular weed killer product on certain areas of my lawn that had weeds...well needless to say I believe this version of the product was a weed and grass killer and now I have a front lawn full of patches of dead grass in certain areas.

What can I do to quickly get it back to the green patchless lawn that I had two weeks ago?

Answer: Unfortunately, it sounds as though you used a nonselective herbicide. There is no quick fix, you will need to reseed the dead patches. Since it is now summer and the weather is not all that amenable to starting seeds, you will probably want to reseed again in early September to achieve better coverage. I'm sorry!