The Q&A Archives: A future in horticulture

Question: Hello, I'm an aspiring horticulturalist and I?m trying to get an understanding of the options I would have for my future. Your field is the area I would like to work with, but I don't know what kind of income I should plan to expect, nor whether it will be enough to even live on alone. I imagine that the labor costs for an establishment such as yours would have to be kept to a minimum to allow for reasonable profits, but does that mean that if I were to be an employee at such an establishment, that I would be paid a low wage? I ask this to you because I have no other real sources, and I'm working towards my horticulture degree and would like to get an understanding of my horizon. Thanks for your time. Sincerely

Answer: Horticulture is an awesome field of study and with a degree in horticulture you should be able to earn a living wage right away. Here's a website you might find interesting: You can browse the different categories and maybe even inquire about current openings with nurseries near you. Best wishes with your studies and with your future career!

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"