The Q&A Archives: keeping euryops alive thru winter in zone 5

Question: My husband talked me into buying 2 green leaved euryops for containers at our front porch. Love them! Really want to keep them for next year. Any success at helping them thru our winter? I can bring them indoors to our house or in our very dark garage. What do you think?
Thank you for your time,

Answer: Euryops is a native of South Africa and should be wintered over indoors in cold climates. Taking your plants inside is probably the best course of action. Expect them to drop some leaves as a natural reaction to the changes in temperature and humidity. As your plants adjust to these changes, they will stop losing leaves. You can prune to remove any browning leaves. As for all houseplants, bright light, average household temperatures, occasional misting with plain water, and keeping the soil moist but not soggy wet should help your Euryops get through the winter season. When you take them back outdoors next spring they should overcome the stress of being indoors and flourish. Best wishes with your Euryops!