The Q&A Archives: I need to replace a rhododendron.

Question: Dear sirs and ladies,

My neighbor's son uprooted a rhodie and we were wondering where we should go to find a replacement for the plant. It was about 3 feet tall and had small leaves. I'm not sure what the blooms looked like. I'm also not sure how tall the plant was supposed to grow, but I don't think it would have grown more than 5 feet tall. Can you give me any advice as to where to look?

Thank you.

Answer: If I were looking for rhododendrons, I'd take a trip to Eugene and visit Greer Gardens (1280 Goodpasture Island Rd., Eugene, 97401, phone 541-686-8266). They specialize in rhodies and have 14 acres of nursery stock. If you're not sure what color flowers you'd like, plan your visit around Mother's Day and most everything will be in bloom. For more information, visit their website:

Best wishes with your new rhodie!