The Q&A Archives: Kaffir Lily

Question: I would like to buy one of the Kaffir Lily but I could not find it anywhere from where I lived. Do you know if Home Depot would special order one for me or would you know where I could purchase one around my area. I lived in South Burlington, Vermont. Also, what is the price range for a Kaffir Lily. Thanks.

Answer: Clivia miniata is not winter hardy where you are, so it may be difficult to find. You would need to check with your local store directly and see if they have it. If not, other nurseries with extensive houseplant sections may carry it, or you could try mail order. The following respected suppliers do offer them, in no particular order:

Stokes Tropicals

Whiteflower Farm

Prices can vary widely with the age of the plant and specific cultivar. Logee's tends to offer smaller, younger plants at lower prices. I hope this helps.