The Q&A Archives: Creme de mint dwarf mock orange

Question: My creme de mint dwarf mock orange shrubs were thriving and then, with the heat we've been having in Texas, they have turned brown and are dropping leaves. They get direct intense sunlight in the afternoon. I noticed that my sprinklers may not been hitting them that well. I recently mulched and am watering daily. They have been in the ground two years. Will they come back? What else can I do?

Answer: Michael,

If the problem was lack of soil moisture and was not too severe for too long they should bounce back fine with moist soil conditions. There is nothing else for you to do but provide proper watering. They would prefer morning sun to hot afternoon sun but you can't always choose the best spot given your landscape setting.