The Q&A Archives: spider mites

Question: I here a lot on natural made sprays to kill/control spider mites
what works the best ?

Answer: To some extent the most effective control will depend on which plant is affected and how severe the spider mite problem is. In some cases, spraying the plant with plain water once a week (top and bottom sides of leaves plus stems) and keeping the ambient humidity level high can solve the problem. If the spider mites are on a houseplant, it can be helpful to reduce the room temperature as this will slow their reproduction. Insecticidal soap can be used. Horticultural oils can also be used. Always test any spray on a few leaves and wait a few days to make sure there are no adverse effects. If you use an organic product, always read and follow all of the label directions carefully. I hope this gives you some ideas.