The Q&A Archives: Marble Queen Pothos

Question: I have a beautiful Marble Queen Pothos plant. It's growing great except for one thing. It's just green. I have it by the window facing the south. How come it doesn't have the marble on it's leaves? Can you please help in telling me what I may be doing wrong?
Thank you,
Shirley Schones

Answer: "Marble Queen" is the white variegated form of Pothos. They are just as easy to grow as the rest of the Pothos family. With it's white coloration "Marble Queen" will need a little brighter light to maintain it's color than "Jade" or "Golden Pothos" requires. If placed in to low of lighting the leaves with a lot of white variegation will slowly die off. The leaves with a small amount of white variegation will slowly turn green. Eventually your plant will turn into a solid green "Jade Pothos". Although you have it in a south-facing window, it simply isn't getting the bright light it craves. Try putting it in a west-facing window.

Hope this helps!