The Q&A Archives: Wisteria

Question: I got my Wisteria in a box. And I soaked it, as it said on the package. I planted it, it got green, and has stayed the same size since I planted in late April. I watered it and not watered it. Its just there. Talked to it, gave it mulch, among other things. And its still about 6 inches tall. What do you suppose its going to do. I love Wisteria among others. I hope it goes through the winter, and gets going next Spring. Please send help. Thank you.

Answer: I think you've done everything right. As long as your new plant is getting full sunshine and ample water, all it needs to do is establish its root system. As soon as it does that, you'll begin to see some top growth. Some plants are reluctant to get growing, but once they do, they really make up for lost time. I know it's hard to be patient with a plant, but I'm sure your patience will be amply rewarded.

Best wishes with your garden!