The Q&A Archives: Snowcap Indian Hawthorn

Question: Can I order Snowcap Indian Hawthorn from somewhere? None of your distributors in my area carry it.

Answer: I suspect the reason you are unable to find this plant locally is because it is not going to be reliably winter hardy for you. Rhaphiolepis x delacourii 'Corleyscourii' or Snowcap Indian Hawthorne is winter hardy into zone 7. Your zip code places you in winter hardiness zone 6 which is too cold. If you are able to find one, it would be better to plant it in the spring so it has a full growing season to become rooted and begin establishing before encountering the rigors of winter. If your local retailers do not carry it in the spring, you might try mail order. Selections will be broader next spring both locally and by mail. Currently, though, I did find Wayside Gardens lists a Rhaphiolepsis apparently available now.

Toll Free 800-213-0379

I hope this helps.