The Q&A Archives: Need help with my tree

Question: My weeping cherry was planted last Spring. It was doing well until 10 days ago I found the sticky-glue-like stuff on several spots, coming out from the trunk, near the base of the tree. I would clean that up and would see more the next day. There is no holes or scratches on the trunk but now the leaves all look kind of dried and dull... What is wrong with the tree and what can I do to fix this problem?
Thank you for helping me multiple times.
Muoi Dang

Answer: Based on your description it sounds like gummosis. Here is some information about that, including photos. You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser.

Since this is a new tree, I would also strongly suggest you contact the retailer where you purchased it for advice, especially if it is under warranty.