The Q&A Archives: Flowers for Florida

Question: I am looking for plenty of color during summer. I am considering impatiens, geraniums, statice, forget-me-not, and marigolds. While in Pensacola, I had great results with tomatoes, cucumbers and marigolds Tampa nothing really yielded much. Any good sugggestions for plenty of color in partial shade to partial sun?

Answer: I would not hesitate to try any of the plants you mentioned in your question. You may not have as much success with all of these because of the shaded area. Impatiens are the one plant that actually prefers some shade.<br><br>You mention marigolds and they do better in full sun, but we have had success with them in part shade. Experiment with the different plants, and see what grows best for you. <br> <br>Good luck. I hope you have a beautiful garden