The Q&A Archives: Poisonous plant material

Question: Are the berries produced by the Nellie Stevens Holly or the Oak Leaf Red Holly poisonous to children?

Answer: Holly berries are toxic if consumed. If you're concerned about children eating holly berries, I'd recommend planting a shrub that does not produce berries. (Male hollies such as 'Blue Prince' do not produce berries.)

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."