The Q&A Archives: sprial alberta spruce

Question: my container spiral alberta spruce has turned brown and the needles are falling off. I would like to know how to treat this so that i may plant it in the ground.

Answer: Unfortunately it sounds like your tree is not doing well. If a large portion of the needles have turned brown it may be dying. There are several possible causes for browning including pests, diseases, and overly dry soil. I would suggest you consult with your local county extension to see if they can diagnose the problem for you and based on knowing that, determine whether it is worth trying to save the plant. If it is a problem that requires a chemical control, they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when is best to apply it for maximum results. I hope your spruce can recover.

Today's site banner is by Lestv and is called "Butterfly on Spider Lily"