The Q&A Archives: Spray Sheilds

Question: Do you know where I could purchase a water sheild for my hose? I work in a green house and some plants love to be sprayed and other plants really hate being wet. I am having a hard time finding something that would fit on the end of a normal Garden hose. I did find a spray sheild but it is for a pump sprayer.

Thank you for you time.


Answer: If you use a long handled watering wand with a finger tip or trigger shut off and adjustable spray you should be able to control the way you water so that you can avoid wetting foliage and just apply the water to the roots. Otherwise, perhaps your supplier can help you find an adaptor fitting to connect the shield you found to the hose. Charleys Greenhouse Supply for example offers several long handled wands for greenhouse use.

I hope this helps.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"