The Q&A Archives: chinese pistache

Question: I would love to have a chinese pistache in my yard. The 3 redwoods are a mess continuslly and want to get rid of them. Problem is I would like to put in a tree that is maybe 20-25 feet tall. Who would I call? Do u think i'm nuts or what...Thank again..Dave

Answer: No, I don't think you're nuts.... but you are inviting a huge project which has the potential to become very expensive. Full grown trees are difficult to find and difficult to plant without the right heavy equipment; removing the redwoods, including their root systems, might require a great deal of excavation. Why not visit the following website and select a landscape professional, then give several a call and have them come out and give you an estimate? You may very well decide to either leave the redwoods, or to start with a much smaller tree...

Best wishes with your project!