The Q&A Archives: Looking for a retailer that offers large mature trees grown by Monrovia

Question: Hello, we're looking for a retailer that offers large mature trees grown by Monrovia here in Princeton NJ 08540. We've been shopping around and purchased trees from our local nurseries (Kales, Peterson's) but both nurseries don't offer a large selection of trees. Would you please gear us toward a large nursery in a 20 miles radius around Princeton, NJ that offers a big selection of large mature trees. Thank you for your time and we would like to mention that we only shop nurseries that sell your shrubs and other small plants and that's why we were hoping to find a nursery that also sells your large mature trees.
Looking forward to your response.
Denise Armadoros

Answer: Thank you for asking. Each retailer carries its own selection of plants from Monrovia (and other sources). There is no way to check on the stock available in stock at each retailer because they are independent stores and every store has its own selection. I would suggest you contact them directly and see what they have in stock or expect to have next spring; selections are usually widest in the spring. You could also work with a local landscape architect who might have additional sources for larger caliper sizes such as would be dug with a tree spade and moved as balled and burlapped trees rather than grown and sold in containers. Your local nurseries may be able to recommend someone. There is a listing of retailers (searchable by zip code) to help you with contact information for nurseries in your area.

I am sorry I can't be more specific for you -- best of luck with your new trees!