The Q&A Archives: Pollinator for Blue Girl

Question: I have two Blue girl Holly plants that dont produce that many Berries. I wanted to Know if i could use a different male Holly Pollinator to produce Berries. Like the English Holly or Prince Holly or any other Hollies that you Know of.
Thank Stephan

Answer: Female hollies usually have a male counterpart, chosen because they have similar appearance and bloom at exactly the same time. Blue Girl will produce the most berries with Blue Boy in the landscape. But, you can choose any of the Meserve Holly (blue holly) males, which bloom at nearly the same time. Blue Prince, China Boy or Blue Stallion will work with your Blue Girl. Other species (English or Prince) will not reliably pollinate your Blue Girl because their bloom times are different.