The Q&A Archives: Would like info on the weeping Metasequoia I saw you have

Question: This is my second E-Mail to you regarding this request for info on the weeping Metasequoia.

Answer: Hi, I was able to locate the answer that was sent to you on October 20th.
Q:Can you tell me adout the Metasequoia glyptostroboides pendula? I am considering it and believe it is grown by you. Thanks Kristin
A:Metasequoia glyptostroboides, or Dawn Redwood, is native to China. it is a deciduous, coniferous, large tree with a uniform conical habit and horizontal branches. It typically reaches 75' to 100' tall and the growth rate is fast. The foliage turns a unique pinkish tan to reddish bronze before dropping in the fall. Growth is best on moist, well-drained, slightly acidic soils and exposure to full sun. Hope this answers all your questions!

I see that you asked about a weeping form of this tree, but at this time only the above is listed in the Monrovia on line plant listing.