The Q&A Archives: grape hyacinth

Question: I planted some of bulbs around one of my trees last saturday. I water them that day but I don't know if I have to water them everyday or when I see that the ground is dry. Also I am trying to force some bulbs indoors, I am keeping those in my garage. Do I need to water them during this 10 to 16 weeks?
Thanks for your help

Answer: The bulbs planted outside need to be watered thoroughly once to settle the soil by a good rain or with the garden hose. After that, natural rainfall usually is sufficient.

Once planted, your indoor bulbs need to be kept just slightly damp, use your finger to test the soil from time to time and see if you need to water. Don't let them dry out completely, but don't keep them sopping wet/saturated or they will rot.