The Q&A Archives: Garden decor products

Question: I would very much like to know some characteristics on the market of garden decor products (fountains, bird baths, statues, stepping stones etc.). Can you estimate the total expenditure on garden decor products in the US ? Are there any trends within this area ? Why are products that are made of granite not so common in the US ?

Answer: Thank you for asking. This Q&A service is intended to assist home gardeners with their gardening questions. Unfortunately, I am not an expert on the garden decor industry. I can guess that granite is not common do to the shipping expense -- it is very heavy. For market information and trends you might want to visit some of the trade shows or contact industry groups. Your reference librarian should be able to assist you as well. Good luck with your project!