The Q&A Archives: toxicity

Question: is their any validity to the old wives tale that the flowers or fruits of the peiris janponica are toxic,both to children and dogs?

Answer: Yes, there is cause for concern. Many common plants are potentially toxic to children and pets. Here is the information about Pieris japonica from the University of Pennsylvania (Veterinary)Poisonous Plants Home Page and North Carolina State University for reference.

Please keep your poison control and veterinarian phone numbers handy in case there is reason to believe poisoning has occurred. I hope this helps.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"