The Q&A Archives: Plant id

Question: i purchased what i think is a blue juniper. its about 3ft tall and has just a stem with a ball at the top with weeping like branches. it had no tag. i looked for it in your plant search could not (the juniper weeping you had look diff)
i looked at every juniper you had and could not see it. if you maybe from my descripion tell me what i have. want some info to determine where i plant.

Answer: Based on your description I am not certain which plant you have, but it might be a high grafted juniper which would give it that special (unnatural) form. All junipers need full sun all day (or for a minimum of six hours including the hour of noon) and a soil that is well drained. You might also want to check back with your retailer and see if they could identify it for you. Good luck with your new plant!