The Q&A Archives: Lemon Tree dropping leaves

Question: My improved Meyers lemon tree is dropping all it's leaves. Is this typical because it is that time of year? It has 2 lemons on it, and now only has 2 leaves on it as well. Can it pull through? It is inside and in front of a window. I had it in a bedroom when we put up our Christmas tree, that is when all the leaves fell off. So now it is back in front of the east facing window. Thanks, Helen

Answer: I suspect your tree was just showing signs of stress because it was moved. A change in temperature and light levels, drafts, etc. can adversely affect citrus trees. Now that it's back in its usual place it should recover without too much trouble. The lack of leaves probably won't affect the developing fruit.

Best wishes with your lemon tree.