The Q&A Archives: White Tomatoes

Question: My grandfather in Virginia back in the 70's had the best <br>tasting tomatos, grew to the size of a large man's fist<br>they were light whitish green and very low in acid have you ever heard of them???? My dad grew some in <br>southern CA the next year and had volunteers for 2 years<br>but have not seen any since. HELP PLEASE!!!

Answer: There are quite a few white tomato varieties, Totally Tomatoes offers 'Great White Beefsteak', 'White Potato Leaf', 'White Wonder', and 'White Beauty'. You can reach them by calling (803) 663-0016 or write at P.O. Box 1626, Augusta, GA 30903-1626. There is also a white variety called 'White Snowball' offered by R.H. Shumway at (803) 663-9771, or write at P.O. Box 1, Granitesville, SC 29829-0001. Hope they bring back many fond memories!