The Q&A Archives: please help!---Osmanthus dying?

Question: Hi, would you please give me some advices on how to care for this sweet olive shrub under the following situation?

I purchased a sweet olive shrub (Osmanthus) from one of your retail around July of this year. It's about 24

Answer: Osmanthus is an evergreen and should hold its foliage year round. Unfortunately, based on your description I think it may be nearly dead despite your best efforts. If it is still alive, you could try placing it in a very bright location but in a relatively cool room -- 45 degrees or so. Keep the soil barely damp, not sopping wet and not dried out. In the spring, take it outdoors so it can awaken naturally with the season and hopefully leaf out again. It is not easy to keep this type of plant in a container long term under home conditions.