The Q&A Archives: peiris japonica

Question: when planting peiris japonica on residential properties,should i be concerned about the toxicity of this plant in regards to children or pets.i have heard old wives tales through the years about this species and really don't know what to believe.would you plant on your property if you had children or pets.



Answer: Pieris japonica appears on many lists of known toxic plants, and is considered extremely toxic if ingested. Here is an example. You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.

Many common landscape plants (and also house plants) are potentially toxic. You could discuss this with your doctor and your veterinarian. Always keep the poison control number by your phone and try to teach your children and train your pets not to eat random plants. I hope this helps.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."