The Q&A Archives: blue arrow juniper

Question: I've read conflicting stories on the size that this evergreen gets some say 10' - 12' tall by 2' around & other sites say it gets up to 3-4' around. Which is the actual size it gets this is important as I want it as a privacy for my pool area but....the beds they would go in are only 26 to 29 inches wide which would accomadate 2' just fine but not the 3-4'. its important because I am going to invest a lot of money because I am going to plant 30 of them.

Answer: Julia,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Ultimate plant size depends a lot on growing conditions so any number is an estimate. Our information lists Blue Arrow as being a moderate to slow grower reaching 12 to 15 feet tall, but just 2 feet wide.

Thanks for the question. Best wishes for a wonderful gardening year in 2007. Please stop in again soon!