The Q&A Archives: Grecian Pattern Plant/Wilting leaves

Question: I potted and moved my Grecian Pattern plant indoors this past fall once it got cold. Once after doing this all my large leaves wilted,yellowed, and fell off...I dug almost all of the dirt around it out + let the rootball dry out until finally it put out new leaves + they grew large again. I added the dirt back + things were o.k. for about a month. Now the large leaves have begun to wilt + yellow again, but there are many,many small new leaves coming out. My question is what to do now? It is mostly dry in the rootball + very slightly moist in the bottom of the planter.
Thank you for any answers,

Answer: Your plant may not be happy in its present location. Make sure it is getting bright light and is away from drafts from heaters or open doors, etc. They like moist but not soggy wet soils. I think I'd try once more to repot it in fresh potting soil (make sure your container has adequate drainage holes) and set it in a bright location away from drafts. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering and when you do water, immerse the pot in a large container of water (or the sink) until it is thoroughly saturated, then allow excess water to drain. Don't water again until the top inch of soil is dry. I think this will help your Acanthus grow healthy new leaves. Best wishes with your plant!