The Q&A Archives: Growing Tomatoes

Question: What's a good tomatoe plant to grow for my region,and what's the best fertilizer?

Answer: Glenn,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

There are many tomatoes that do well in your area. I would suggest Celebrity as a good dependable choice for a slicer type tomato and Juliette as a good choice for a small fruited grape type. Fertilize the plants with a lawn type fertilizer containing nutrients in a 3-1-2 or 4-1-2 ratio. One example of such a product is 15-5-10. When you plant the new transplants water them in with a soluble product such as Miracle Gro following the label rate.

Thanks for the question. Best wishes for a wonderful gardening year in 2007. Please stop in again soon!