The Q&A Archives: What will be in bloom May 26th?

Question: Hello! I have an outdoor wedding scheduled for May 26th, in a public garden. Roses, azaleas, all the works. Can you tell me what flowers typically bloom at the end of May so I can get an idea what the garden will look like - and what bouquets everyone can carry? Thanks.

Answer: Sheyna,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

That is difficult to predict as various parts of the country and various gardens are quite different. Roses should be finishing up a bloom cycle or maybe starting their second cycle of bloom. Most warm season annuals should be looking good at that time. Azaleas will be finished long before May.

Thanks for the question. Best wishes for a wonderful gardening year in 2007. Please stop in again soon!