The Q&A Archives: How to create a raised flower bed

Question: Hi, I hope you can help me. I had to move to a new home and am trying to get the backyard spruced up a bit. I am 49 years old and have become disabled and in a wheelchair now. I am not able to get on my hands & knees and dig up the soil and create the flower beds like I did at my previous home. I was wondering about doing a

Answer: You are wise to investigate this in detail. There are many considerations in designing a raised bed for use with a wheelchair. I think most of your questions and concerns will be answered by Diane Relf's excellent article on just this subject. Here is the link:

You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly. Best wishes with your new garden!