The Q&A Archives: Shrubs

Question: I need a suggestion for a fast growing shrub to use to screen street traffic. Oleanders are now in place. I want to replace them I have two small dogs and am concerned that the existing shrubs are harmful to pets if they chew them.

Answer: I suggest you contact your Dona Ana County Cooperative Extension office. They have a Master Gardener program, and should have lists of plants well-suited to your specific region. The link to their webpage didn't open for me, but this is the phone # listed (505) 525-6649. Or look under New Mexico or NMSU Cooperative Extension in the phone book. Good luck!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"