The Q&A Archives: Water loving plants

Question: I need a plant or vine that can grow along water. Occationally the water level rises and the roots will be under water for a short time,a day or two. I dont want cattails or any vegetation that will gro more than two feet high.
Any thing higher than 2 feet will block opur view.

Answer: Ernestine,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you. In order to answer your question better I need to know whether you are talking about fresh water or a salt water area. This will affect your options for what might grow well there. Also your local County Extension Office should have some information on hand listing plants that do well in your area.