The Q&A Archives: Hardy plants for 2 locations

Question: I have 2 flower beds that are bout the length of my front lawn. They get sun, but not bright sun. I need to plant flowers in them, and I would like them to be fragarant and attract butterflys, but I also need them to be really hardy since I don't have a

Answer: Danna,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

I think types of lantana are a great choice for those requirements. You may also want to try dwarf zinnias but they will require more regular watering.

The houseplant that does well on the least light is the Closet Plant (Spathiphyllum). Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema) would be next on the low light list. Snake Plant or Mother-in-law's (Sansevieria) is also tolerant of low light and is a very low care plant.