The Q&A Archives: Rabbit problems and ladybug question

Question: I've been having rabbits coming into my landscaping and eating part of the plant and/or bulb. How can I stop them from doing this without harming the rabbit and plants? Also, where I don't have to do too frequent applications. Also, is it good to have ladybugs in your landscaping?

Answer: Sharyn,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

There are repellants out there in the marketplace and online for various varmints including rabbits. I think with anything you apply there will be a need to reapply periodically. Some gardeners report success with sprinkling human hair from the beautyshop or mothball around plants! You can also use a low fence to keep them out.

Ladybugs are very good to have. They eat aphids and certain other pests but don't bother our plants at all.