The Q&A Archives: fig tree care

Question: My fig tree is about 3 feet tall and just all the sudden it looks very bad. Could you please tell me what i can do? We have had alot of rain lately. The leaves started wilting badly. Thank you very much.

Answer: Deborah,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you. It may be lacking adequate aeration in the roots. If this is the case there is little you can do but let the soil dry out. If this tree is not able to survive you should bring in soil to insure a higher planting and better drainage before you replant another fig. Or you could try to relocate it to another spot that is better drained.