The Q&A Archives: rabbits eating everything in my garden

Question: What products out on the market would help keep the furry little nusiances out of my yard? I've tried repel, moth balls, dog hair, hot pepper spray. Help! Help! thanks....

Answer: There are a number of animal repellent sprays that would help deter rabbits from eating the flowers. Try 'Get Away' or 'Deer Away' available from Burpee. 'Deer Away' is efffective in deterring deer and rabbits and lasts 7-10 days without washing off. Natural scent repellents are also available such as fox and coyote urine. You could also try constructing a fence of 1-inch chicken wire that should be 2feet high and buried at least 6 inches deep around your flowers. Consider also interplanting your flowers with garlic, onions, Mexican marigold or dusty miller. Bunnies tend not to like their aroma.

Hope these suggestions help!