The Q&A Archives: Cataractarum Palm

Question: I just purchased a Cataractarum Palm from your garden center, and my husband and I were currious if the tree could be seperated when we replanted it into a different(bigger) pot , or if all the branches shared the same root. Basicly we were wondering if we could make two plants out of one since there are more than one branch. Please answer when you get the chance. Thank You very much!!!!

Answer: Stacie,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Separating such a plant will probably destroy too many roots and thus damage the plants too much to be worth the try. The roots of the two plants will intertwine extensively while growing in the container.