The Q&A Archives: Transplanting "Drift", How is the best way to do it?

Question: I want to move some of these plants and start them in another area in my yard. How is the best Way?

Answer: Lisa,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Dig the plants getting as much of the roots as you can. Move them to their new location taking care not to disturb the roots any more that you have to. Reset them at the same level they were growing and firm soil in around the roots and soil you moved as you water them in well. Then for a few weeks take extra care to keep them watered so as to maintain good soil moisture but not soggy conditions. Wait to fertilize until about 6 weeks after planting.