The Q&A Archives: White Bird of Paradise Pruning Tips

Question: Hi,
I'm new to Fl., originally from NY. Obviously, I have no clue about the horticulture here. I have a flourishing White Bird of Paradise Bush but don't know where to begin pruning it back or who to get rid of the brown leaves. I love it and want the right advice. Please help.
Thank you,
Kim DiBiase

Answer: Kim,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Prune those spent leaves back to their base. Fertilize the bush occasionally with a complete fertilizer such as Miracle Gro and it will continue to be healthy and beautiful. Have fun learning about the many wonderful things you can grow in your new home. We are more that happy to help with your questions about gardening!