The Q&A Archives: First time in the yard

Question: Third time home buyer but first time I've wanted to work in the yard and have no idea where to begin. Small yard mostly steep hill in tropical gulf coast Florida! What grows best tree and plant wise? What's the best treatment to keep the lawn growing and green? What do you suggest to kill ants outdoors and indoors? Mainly fire ants outdoors. We enjoy tropical plants too. Thank you!

Answer: Jennifer,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Your question is really many in one. Let me refer you to a few web sites for info on some of the topics you asked about. Then please submit additional questions to the Home Depot website and we can help more. It is best to just ask one question per submission so we can do a more complete job answering the question.