The Q&A Archives: weed control

Question: Hi... I have an area in my garden that is covered with white stones. The weeds are growing up thru the stones as the plastic isnt working anymore. I would like to spray a weed killer on them.
I would like to use just one of those quart squirt containers filled with it. I need a strong weed killer. Can you recommend two different ones for me? It should be the type that kills many kinds of weeds. thanks, Dorian

Answer: Without knowing exactly what weeds you have, I can't really recommend a chemical treatment. I suggest you have the weeds identified at Michigan State's Kalamazoo County Cooperative Extension Horticulture or Master Gardener program. They can then suggest an effective control method. They are located at:

Nazareth Complex
3299 Gull Road
4th Floor, 2nd Wing
Kalamazoo MI 49048
(269) 383-8830