The Q&A Archives: lime tree

Question: hi ,
i have bought some key lime tree in last may 2006 . it has grown almost like 6 foot tall and 3ft wide and has lots of thorns . now when all the trees are getting their leaves back it is not getting them . can somebody help . i did use some citrus gaeden stake fertilizers .

Answer: Rekha,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Your description sounds like maybe it was killed by winter cold. I suggest you take a photo of the plant to your County Extension Office along with a branch sample for them to look over and diagnose. There is no charge for their service.
825 North McDonald, Suite 150
McKinney, TX 75069
Phone: 972-548-4233